There is something about this time of year, summertime comes wrapped with all sorts of memories. Playing outside from sun-up to sun-down, having a lemonade stand out front of the house and drinking more than i ever sold. Chasing lightning bugs and putting them in a jar, playing in the hose to cool off and the wonderful sound of the bell's on the ice cream truck. If you listen close you can still hear them, stop mister i have my nickel. I remember all the tasty treat's that was on the ice cream truck, bazooka bubble gum, snow cones with a gumball on the bottom, fudgecicle's, nutty bars, popscicle's and eclair bars.
I always had a kool-aid mustache, and every night when i went to bed i could'nt wait for the next day to come.
For me the only thing that ruined summer was the fact that i would have to go back to school. I did however love to go shopping for my new notebook, paper, pencils and lunch box. Still to this day, i walk in the store's at this time of the year and all those memories come flooding back. Since i do not have children there is no reason for me to go down the aisles of endless school supplies, but i do. And as soon as i am amongst all those goodies something happens to me, the hair on the back of my neck stands up and the excitement comes back. I buy pencils, erasers and this year i found a great buy, glue sticks. I use them for my scrapbooking, 11 cents for a glue stick that is a scrapbooker's dream.
I bought a year's supply. This weekend i may just go back and re-visit some of these childhood favorites.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Shopping, did I hear a bargain coming on?
You and me both, I love to shop for school supplies. Something about a new pack of pencils that I get to sharpen. Oh, and what about he pocket folders, have to have a different color for each class. I can remember getting the new lunch box, clothes, shoes, and then all of the school supplies.
Ah, yes those were the days. However, I will be going back to school I am in search for a CCE!!
Post a Comment