Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

On saturday it was Dad's day of remembrance and today his birthday, he would be 78. I always wonder what he would look like and what he would think of life today. Dad would love it here today, the high is 75 and sunny, his favorite bush that sits next to the front porch is in full bloom and we are celebrating the day with his favorites. Were going to the produce stand and picking his favorites, the fields are open to pick green beans, along with sweet corn and tomatoes. I will be sitting on the front porch sipping a lovely cup of tea while cleaning green beans and waiting for a cake or pie to bake. I think Dad would find the day to be to his liking.
Got to get a move on, it's time to start picking.

3 comments:

GopherCong said...

78? I would have loved to have listened to dad's wisdom at 78. I miss him so much I don't have words to share, only tears.

Anonymous said...

Who is this? my brother?

Looking to move! said...

gophercong, you sound like a wise one, are you too 78?

What are you hiding behind, tell us who you are.