Monday, July 14, 2008

Thought it was about time to start a blog, and try and keep up with the advancing technology that is now a part of everyday life. Speaking of life, it is simple here and i like that. The more i live the very country life the more i come to feel comfortable with it. I sit on the porch and hear the cow's from the dairy farm at the end of the street, i can stand in the kitchen looking out the window and see deer and wild turkey's in the yard. And of course there is a variety of little critter's that frolic and play in the yard daily. I love sitting on the porch with a good book, while nature provides a floor show.

As for what has been happening here lately the house has been a buzz with activity, we are painting the basement. The ceiling, walls and floors. if any of you have painted you know the work involved, espically when there is more furniture than you know what to do with. There is a constant state of movement with furnishings going from one side to the other.
We are seeing in the end in sight, then we can proceed to all outside projects that must be done. Painting of the shed and side deck, i really do not like to paint this much. I usually wear more than i get on the project, and then there is the yard and plant's to tend. In the north time to accomplish these task's are limited, before we know it we will be like mother nature looking to hibernate for the winter months.

Heading to the basement to get my work done, should be finished this week.

2 comments:

Kathleen Bishop said...

Hey there Girly Girl,

I am so excited and happy for you that on a Monday you have tried something new. You realize this is only the beginning :)

I am so jealous about the front porch sitting... I wish I could take this job and sit on the front porch 4 of the 5 days that I must work.

Love you, don't work too hard painting the basement.

Me

ME said...

Congrats on the new blog! You did a great job. How nice it is to be able to sit on the front porch and have nice weather for doing it. And, seriously, I am soooo glad it is you painting and not me. Sorry to say it, but it is definitely true! :) Thanks for blogging.